Tuesday, February 1, 2011

introduction

I have wanted to do a blog for about three years now. We had a tiny weeny family blog when I was pregnant with my daughter, Ryn (now nearly 3), and I was just never quite organised enough to do it when my son Fox (now 9 months) was camping out in-utero.

After all, there's so many choices! You have to know what URL you're going to choose! AND title! And it has to look cool! So, for me, that was enough to delay this undertaking for a couple of years. Alas, I did make it in the end; so ahoy Poppins, and let's set sail!

TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF - The Survey
Name: Claire
Birthday: March 11
Birthplace: Liverpool, England
Current Location and what is cool about where you live?: No-you-haven't-heard-of-Walenstadt, Switzerland and we have the Alps at our back-door. As well as a herd of cows.
Eye Color: Bluey-green
Hair Color: Auburn
Height: 5"2"
Right Handed or Left Handed: Right
The Shoes You Wore Today: Vegan Ugg imitations
Your Weakness: Shopping
Your Fears: Do we HAVE to go there? Alright. They include but are not limited to: being stuck in the middle of the ocean, parachuting into the middle of the ocean (SHUDDER), standing next to tall buildings in open spaces (our Paris vacation saw me cowering on the floor next to the Eiffel tower), my kids being injured, being robbed...the list goes on....
Goal You Would Like To Achieve This Year: Blogging consistently, documenting our year
Thoughts First Waking Up: "Hey kids, it's not time to wake up yet!"
Your Best Physical Feature: My hair
Your Bedtime: Usually around 11pm
Single or Group Dates: Any! Please!
Chocolate or Vanilla: A good vanilla, hands down
Do you believe in yourself: Certain aspects of myself, yes
Are you a Health Freak: I'm vegan, does that count?
Do you get along with your Parents: That's a story for another time...
Do you like Thunderstorms: YES!
Do you play an Instrument: I've dabbled in guitar, flute and violin but mainly played piano from the ages of 4/5 to 13
In the past month have you eaten Sushi: YES! I both made and ate it yesterday for the first time in...four or five years?! How weird you'd ask!
What do you want to be when you Grow Up: I am trying earnestly to figure this out. Aren't we all?
What country would you most like to visit: A tie between Italy and Japan
Number of Piercings: Ears - still pierced, top of right ear and belly button - re-healed
Number of Tattoos: Zero
Favorite thing to waste $ on: Clothes and furniture
Favorite place to eat: Anywhere two vegans actually CAN eat! :-)
Favorite date night: A gala my husband and I recently went to with Samuel L. Jackson and a host of other A-listers, it'll take a lot to top that night!
Something you are passionate about: Compassion towards others and animals
Something random that you totally hate: Arrogance, insensitivity, Scarlett Johansson

No comments:

Post a Comment